One morning recently I was standing in the shower thinking about my life. It seems that ever since I have had children, I have not been able to finish the things I start. I keep pushing it off. I tell myself that I will start/finish whenever they get older. Well, if I keep this thinking, it will be too late. So it starts now!
I had this idea to document my life throughout 2010 as a way to not only broadcast my progress, but as a way for my friends and family to keep me accountable. There are three main things I want to accomplish this year; lose weight, get back on track with Dave Ramsey/get debt free, and finally finish my Master's thesis thereby completing my degree.
The main goal is to lose weight. Now I know that this is everyone’s goal in the New Year. But this year is different. Over the past 5 years, I have gained and lost way too much. The best I ever got was down to 215. When I came into the Air Force I was 185 lbs. Today I am 245. 60 pounds is my goal. 5 lbs a month. It can be done. More to come about this later.
Get back on budget. We spend way too much money on crap. Stuff that has no value. So, it is time to get back to basics. We had followed Dave Ramsey before we had kids, but our own laziness and covetfullness (is that even a word) have taken us off the straight and narrow. One of my good friends became debt free this past year through Dave Ramsey's methods. I want that freedom. I want the freedom to be able to improve my property without taken on more burden. I want the freedom for my kids to have the money to go to any college they want. And finally I want the freedom to be able to retire from the military and do any job I want or not. Once again, more to come on this later.
Lastly, I want to finish my Master's degree. After I got passed over for Lt Col, I gave up. The sad thing is all I have to do is write my paper and I'll be done. Unfortunately, this is a very time consuming process. I have made every excuse in the world why I have been putting this off, but now I have no more excuses. And finally, more to come on this later.
So these are what I strive to transform in 2K10. I have some other things that I want to accomplish, but they fall under these main three goals. I hope this blog is as helpful to others as it will be for me.
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We applaud your very worthy goals!! You are an inspiration to all of us!!!
ReplyDelete